Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Philippines - First Day of Teaching



We had a great day of training! Everyone is very eager t o learn, taking notes like crazy and asking lots of questions about how to live out discipleship. We were at the training center all day (10 am - 8:30 pm). Brother Ben and his wife Esther are so welcoming and enthusiastic about discipleship.

Q and I taught Vision & Strategy, GC, Vocab and some Genesis basics at night. They love it and ask a ton of great questions. After every talk Brother Ben spend 20-40 minutes doing a recap in the native language. They understand English well, but it very cool to watch Brother Ben make sure they are understanding everything. He sets in the back and takes notes on everything. Each session last like 2 hours and they love it! Pretty amazing how attentive they are. Brother Ben's family is AMAZING - one of the BEST pictures of discipleship in the family I have ever seen. Roz is leading some singing - all smiles and energy, Mondonico is playing the drums - I wish everyone could see him on the drums, and they finally got Ben Jah to sing! They went CRAZY when Ben Jah sang - he had them all waving their hands in the air! Brother Ben's oldest was singing back up - she is the winner of the Davao City version of American Idol and has an AMAZING voice (all 3 of his daughters can sing - I have never seen anything like it)! I told Ben Jah he needs to get her on his next CD. The people love that Ashley's grandfather was from the Philippines and treat her like she is from here. Today all the men are teaching so keep us in your prayers!

Here is an update from Mondonico.


Here is an update from Steve.