Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Three and Four Con't



Ariyana: The group is becoming apart of the BFA family. Randi has been assisting the band with the clarinet section, Steve is running daily with the cross-country team. Josh, Joseph, and Jonathan are helping the chapel band, and I am assisting with the volleyball team.

Wednesday - we taught the New Testament to the 8th grade class, they are so receptive to learning the word of God. Last night we hosted a small group meeting for the middle school students. They were so excited to have a time dedicated just to them, they rushed the stage during praise and worship which made us all excited. They just love singing and playing and asking the most random questions. The students and staff have welcomed us with open arms. We have students coming up to us just to talk to us and ask us questions.

Thursday - Steve spoke in chapel today. He challenged the students to begin looking for a faithful, available and teachable older individual to begin pouring into them. They were shocked to find out that it would only take 37 years to reach the world for Christ through one on one discipleship.Tonight we are kicking off the biblical manhood/womanhood series. The seniors will be attending that time, we are excited about getting real with them.

I have personally enjoyed everyday here. I have been staying in the "Vitt" girls dorm, we had a dance party 2 nights ago and the girls loved it. We had a chance to play some American Christian music. I have also enjoyed teaching the bible overview to the 8th graders. There is something about seeing the light bulbs go off in a child's eyes when they heard the word of God in a new way. I am currently praying for more opportunities to talk to a few girls that the Lord has laid on my heart.