Hello everyone! It's me, Ryan Brazile, the former EL that Downline sent to Madagascar in August. Sorry that I haven't updated this much. I wanted to let you know that things are going very well, and more and more opportunities are opening for teaching and Discipleship here. There are a couple young men who I have been watching, hoping to disciple them. They are certainly faithful and available and I believe they will also be very teachable.
This first month and a half I have gotten many opportunities to travel around the south on evangelism trips, and teaching conferences. In fact, I just returned from several days in a neighboring town, where we gathered the young men and women from this area for a teaching conference. I had the privilege of teaching 1 Thessalonians, and thankfully, that went well enough that we also decided I would teach Bible Overview. The believers here are still very young in their faith, and Bishop Todd and I believe disciplship is the key to raising up leaders in the church.
Please pray that:
- These new discipling relationship would prove fruitful.
- That I would continue to learn Malagasy. (Praise that I am already able to say more than I would have expected at this point!)
- That God would raise up young people, especially men as there are very few of them involved, who will be thirsty for the word and passionate about spreading it here in Toliara, Madagascar.
 |
| Teaching at the Youth Conference |
 |
| The church where we were located |