Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Madagascar Update

Hello again!  It's me Ryan Brazile form over in Toliara, Madagascar!  I have been here about three months now, and as the weather continues to get hotter, there continue to be more and more exciting opportunities.  I just got back from another conference for the youth here in Southern Madagascar.  This time, the conference was on the opposite coast in Ft. Dauphin.  We had about forty people come and it was a very exciting week.  There are some strong young leaders at the church in Ft. Dauphin.



Me teaching the book of 1Tesaloniana 

Now I am back here in Toliara.  I have gotten teach a lot of English this last month, which I really enjoy, as it allows me to get to know many of the Malagasy.  I have also gotten to start discipling a couple people.  This is Johnson, a brilliant young guy from here who teaches the beginners English class here.  He is a very faithful and devoted follower of Christ, and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to disciple him.



This next week, I will be traveling to several small villages to help set up water collection tanks before the rainy season comes.  I am very excited about being able to go see the villages, as I hear the churches there, though small, are very zealous.

Sorry that I haven't updated the blog more recently.  I feel like I just tried to cram a lot of information into a tiny space.  Know that things are going well here.  You can pray for me, that I would continue to have joyful energy as it moves into the hot season here in Toliara.  It get REALLY hot here, and it can be a bit draining.  Pray that I would find joy in Christ, even when days are a bit hot and miserable.  We are doing the Lord's work, so really should have no reason to complain.  And finally pray that the church continues to grow with people who are passionate about making disciples.  There is a ton of work to be done here in Southern Madagascar, but that makes the harvest that much more exciting!