When most Americans think of Africa, they think of a place that is in desperate need of help. A place full of sadness, sickness, and starvation. While there are definitely some serious physical needs here, I have learned that these perceptions are not true of all areas and all people. The people we have had the privilege of teaching, learning, and worshipping with are beautiful, generous, gracious, and eager to learn how to better serve God in their country. Their love for Christ is so pure and has tremendously encouraged my personal relationship with The Lord. There are workers from different careers, moms, and college students all coming faithfully to each session, listening carefully and taking notes. They have been incredibly welcoming and wonderful hosts.
We have officially been in Mekele, Ethiopia for 4 days and we are all exhausted. The time change has had a huge effect on our bodies, and I don't think we were prepared for it. Despite our lack of rest at times, The Lord has been gracious to provide us comfortable beds to sleep in. We are so thankful.
Today, was our second to last day of the conference. We arrived at the church tired, but ready to see The Lord do work. Matt and Felipe led the men's morning time, while Mary Holland and Lachelle led the women's morning sessions. In the afternoon both Shad and Matt led lessons on the Theology of Work and the 4 Missing Ingredients of Discipleship. Both the men and women have been asking questions of us, eager to clarify what we are teaching and apply it in their lives. I know without a doubt The Lord was glorified today.
Finally,
I wanted to apologize for not posting a blog day by day. We have had some issue being able to log on. I am excited about the next few posts we have planned as we wrap up our time here. I have asked a few of my teammates to share their experiences of teaching or their perspective on our trip so far! I will also try to update the blog with what we are doing during the day! Please continue to pray for our team as we share the gospel and teach about discipleship. Our God is so good and we are so thankful. My prayer today is Psalm 25. It's honestly been my prayer all week. Pray that each and every attendee at our conference allows The Lord to Shepherd their life.
Morgan Masterson

