Waking up in another country doesn't always feel different, especially if you are in a hotel. But whenever you walk outside your door, or even crack open the window, the sights, the smell, the breeze (or lack of), all tell you "This is different."
We decided to go to Fonda Ixtapa again, for breakfast this time. The friendly exchange turned to more of a family feel as we shared stories and looked at pictures of our families. I know that if we come here again, our love will only grow deeper for them. After we had finished eating we headed to church for the morning services. Our team was introduced to the congregation, it was such a warm welcome, and then service began. Although as a group, not including Pepper, we hardly know Spanish, we were still able to sing praises to our Lord, just in a different language. I think that brings more of God's command to reality, at least for me, when you are in a group with people of different skin colors and culture, all worshiping the same God. It is a visible sign that God loves everyone. Before Pepper taught DJ had the pleasure of sharing a short testimony, and from the audience, you could tell he enjoyed sharing God's power in his life with everyone.
That evening the conference began. Pepper Horn taught the "Great Commission" while Becky Beavers and DJ Singfield taught on the "Profiles of a Disciple". Both were grateful to be a vessel for God's work and allowed His truth to speak through them. I know that those in the seats listening, including myself, learned applicable truth.
As we met together at the end of the evening it was so clear on my mind that though I was in a different country, and the people I am with do not share the same color of skin, we are all children of God. Though different, the same.



