Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Go Time!

"We leave in 2 hours!  So sorry but it is go time.  I am 100% serious."  I sat on the couch in disbelief as I read Steve's text.  I just put laundry in 10 minutes ago which is now soaking wet, I haven't packed yet, I have assignments that are due, I need to print some lessons... my mind continued to run through my now shot to-do list.  Just 30 minutes earlier I had gotten a recording from United saying our flight from Memphis to Chicago for the next morning had been canceled due to weather.  I got on the phone to tell Steve just in case he hadn't heard, so he got on the horn with United to try and find us another flight... sure enough, the man, the myth, the legend did what he does and found an alternative fight.  Although the alternative flight left 12 hours earlier than we had planned.  So we got to work, and by the grace of God our whole team made it to the airport in about 45 minutes.  "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God" takes on new meaning in that situation.  All the nice plans and to-do lists and preparations went out the window in about 30 seconds... slowly and surely replaced with confidence in the sovereignty and provision of God.  Looking back even now, the stress and anxiety seem so trivial... yet amidst even the smallest of concerns about all of the things that we probably forgot to bring or do, the Spirit brings rest and security in dependence on the provision and grace of the Father... knowing that "... the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  We are praising God for His sovereignty and provision in our travel, and the ways He is working and will work in our time here in Bethlehem.  Please continue to pray for our team as we begin teaching tonight, and will continue the next two days.