Saturday, March 3, 2012

Madagascar Saturday Day 3??

Hello, my name is Ryan and I am that Downline guy who was already here in Madagascar when Shad, Brad, Brandon, Dr. Reardon, Jake, Angela, Ariyana, Stephanie, Candice, and Mary Holland came today.  They are really tired, so I'm updating the blog for them.

The team arrived here in Madagascar early this morning and in about an hour were already at the training center teaching all the church leaders who traveled to be a part of Downline's training.



After Shad taught the Great Commission, we had to take a long break because the church here had a huge Dedication Ceremony for one of its new buildings. 


 The ceremony took a few hours and included a fun feast that they killed a whole cow for!



After the feast, we still had time for a few more teachings.  Dr. Reardon Taught Vision and Strategy, and I got the privilege of Teaching the 10 How To's. 



 While that was going on, Mary Holland, Stephanie and Candice were teaching the local children about God's creation by making animal balloons!  I cannot describe how wonderful that was for the local children.  Honestly, the animal balloons might have been the most amazing thing they have ever experienced.

The first day was a whirlwind, and I imagine everyone who just arrived is fast asleep and probably won't remember much about today since they were all so tired from barely sleeping since Wednesday.  Despite that, they did a great job today, and we are so thrilled to have them here.

Be praying for our Ephesians Bible Study which begins tomorrow.  Pray for the translators, since one of them has not had much previous experience.  Also pray that the Downline team would continue to have energy like they did today, even when they have not had much rest.